Celebrating Darkness in Art

Beautiful, disturbing, interesting, offensive, mysterious, grotesque, enchanting... all words used to describe the various works that are featured here.
Artistic Devil celebrates the darker, more twisted side of art. Contributing artists share their nightmares and macabre dreams.
Some of the images here are quite graphic and the subjects can even be offensive to some viewers, so be warned as you browse through our collection.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Jeremiah Buckel

Born in a small town hidden in the heart of Ohio in 1978. I grew up reading comic books and started to work on my own stories. The batman movie (1989) introduced me to the work of Francis Bacon and I was doomed to trying to show what I saw in humanity and myself through my artwork ever since. My work is comprised of a hell in my own image, sometimes cartoony, cluttered, and very complicated. In the past I have worked with local unsigned bands designing t-shirts, album covers, and comic books. Bands such as Diet of worms (Tampa, Fla), Al and the coholics (Cleveland, Oh), Local Anesthetic (Kent, Oh), and In Waiting (Bradenton, Fl). the bad news though either the bands went no where or the projects were scrapped.

I was recently published by Legion studios. Master's Devils
An Illustrated Confessional Limited Edition - 666 prints available and I plan to do more work with Legion in the near future.

E-mail address: sickvalentine@hotmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment