Celebrating Darkness in Art

Beautiful, disturbing, interesting, offensive, mysterious, grotesque, enchanting... all words used to describe the various works that are featured here.
Artistic Devil celebrates the darker, more twisted side of art. Contributing artists share their nightmares and macabre dreams.
Some of the images here are quite graphic and the subjects can even be offensive to some viewers, so be warned as you browse through our collection.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thor

It is only after we lose everything that we are free to do anything.

I remember when art, for me, was a pursuit. A journey. But the journey can only last so long. I uprooted myself from common, comforts of life. Through depression and alcoholism, I was able to stare deep inside the darkest corners of myself and find my way to a very raw dichotomy of emotional detachment and artistic freedom. Art is many things to many people. To me, it is now my entire world. Artists are superior individuals; we are creators, we are gods.

I can't ration the most accurate allegory or prose for how I see the world and how I live my life through my art, but most other artists will know the same glorious burden that I do.

In the end, my lust and desire for my creation is greater then my need for anything else in life. I currently reside in my home state of Pennsylvania with my cat, Ghost.

Some paintings are available for sale. Contact the artist for details and pricing.

Website: www.sleepwalkerx51.deviantart.com
Email: melektaus6@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment