Celebrating Darkness in Art

Beautiful, disturbing, interesting, offensive, mysterious, grotesque, enchanting... all words used to describe the various works that are featured here.
Artistic Devil celebrates the darker, more twisted side of art. Contributing artists share their nightmares and macabre dreams.
Some of the images here are quite graphic and the subjects can even be offensive to some viewers, so be warned as you browse through our collection.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Peter Max Pohl

P.M.P. was born in Bremerhaven in 1955. He worked from 1970/1990 as a marketing-designer for commercial art, from 1990 at the Bremerhaven theatre. His first works are made with acrylic on canvas with the topics occultism, S/M, fetish and esoteric. This kind of painting for his exentric works is called "dark-art"! Parts of his works were published in daily papers , fetish-and underground mags (gothic, astan, fullzise, dark entry, succubus) sometimes as artistic portraits. Besides that, MAX, had exhibitions in northern Germany.

" 'Dark-art' means for me to differ from the ordinary in a sensual and mysterious way. My art should touch people and wake emotions. My inspiration is going through the world with open eyes, sometimes, thousand thinks and thoughts come together in my mind , which result in what I paint on canvas them. I have chosen these dark issues because that is how it works insight of me. I do no commercial painting except they fit into my concept. "

2 comments:

  1. Sad, Peter Max Pohl died in November 30th 2015 in Bremerhaven. a great Artist has gone !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete