Celebrating Darkness in Art

Beautiful, disturbing, interesting, offensive, mysterious, grotesque, enchanting... all words used to describe the various works that are featured here.
Artistic Devil celebrates the darker, more twisted side of art. Contributing artists share their nightmares and macabre dreams.
Some of the images here are quite graphic and the subjects can even be offensive to some viewers, so be warned as you browse through our collection.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mike Suarez

"I create for the pleasure of doing so. Only when the goals of satisfying my own needs are being met do I find my work beginning to reach into that untapped reservoir of pure and undefiled essence that exists, I believe, in every true Creator.

My own views on art have been derived from an intense and personal internal search for truth without fear tempered by a strict awareness of the world and society AS IT EXISTS. I seize upon moments that draw me, magically, to my own past. Only when connections such as these are made, do I feel that things achieve purpose. There is no purpose until we assign it such in our lives. And this sense of purpose can only be realized via an importance placed upon it. Knowledge, therefore, is sacred. My memories are sacred, as are the people and places that inhabit them. These things have achieved importance in my life and, consequently, purpose."

-Mike Suarez

San Antonio, TX, 2004

E-Mail: erudite1974@yahoo.com

Please contact artist in regards to work for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment